Assessment 1 Assistance
The following is a guide to assist you in writing your essay.
Using evidence specific to your chosen case study, address the following two (2) points:
1. Describe the pathophysiology of the presenting complaint in the case study.
This section is science based and the expectation is that you have a pathophysiology text book and scientific journal articles to quote that discuss the science related to the presenting problem in your chosen case study. You should aim at 300-500 words for this section. The aim is that you attain knowledge of what is happening at a cellular, organ and system level so that you understand the presenting clinical manifestations.
2. Evaluate the nurse’s role in delivering developmentally appropriate nursing care in relation to your chosen case study. Address:
• growth and developmental theories,
This part of the assessment task is concerned with ensuring that the essay has a child and adolescent focus. Throughout the essay discussion, it is expected that you make reference to the child/adolescent’s expected developmental milestones at that age, depending on which case study you have chosen. It is expected that growth and development research is undertaken for your chosen case study and you make reference to growth and development theories that you think are relevant in enhancing your essay argument. Some ideas include things like, at what age do you include a child/adolescent in medical related conversation? how does a child/adolescent make decisions based on their developmental level? Even through your pathophysiology section, you can make mention of underdeveloped organ systems that might influence your nursing care. • family centred care
Neonatal, paediatric and adolescent nurses provide a family centred care model. It is important that this is reflected in your essay and may bring forward issues of consent, compliance and child/adolescent presentation into care. How are siblings affected? the role of the family and the extended family? cultural influences? and whatever may be specific to the chosen case study.
• the effects of hospitalisation of the child, on the child and family This part follows on from the family centred care component, where it is important to understand the effects of a child’s presentation to health services, particularly in a hospital setting, on not only the child/adolescent but the whole family.
All of the above points should indicate how you will give nursing care in a paediatric setting.
The following general essay information has been provided for Assessment 1.
The assessment task is 1600 words, that is between 1440 and 1760 words long.
Essay Structure – an essay includes an introduction, body and conclusion.
1. The introduction should provide the reader with a framework for the essay and what will be discussed. Sometimes it is easier to write the introduction last or after you have completed outlining what you will be discussing. (Approximately 100 words)
2. The body of the essay is the crux of your discussion and will consume the bulk of your words. For this essay –
a. The pathophysiology
b. Growth and developmental theories
c. Family centred care
d. The effects of hospitalisation of the child
3. The conclusion should provide a summary of the key points presented in the essay, and should not introduce any new material. (Approximately 100 words)
1. Each paragraph should have an introductory and concluding statement.
2. Each paragraph should have a direct connection with the one prior and the one following. This allows the essay to flow.
Definitions used in your essay should only use academic references (not online dictionaries).
It is important to note that this is an academic essay and should be written in the third person.
There are no minimum requirements for the number of sources you use, however, as a general guideline an academic essay may have 1 source per one hundred words.
It is expected that sources are within 5 years of publication. Older citations must include demonstration of how it is relevant to your writing (in the essay).
ANALYSIS – What do experts state regarding the topic? Present your research and look at different perspectives.
SYNTHESIS – What connections can be made regarding the expert discussions?
EVALUATION – What conclusions do I come to after presenting the arguments based on my analysis and synthesis?
Please refer to the rubric for more detailed information on the expectations for each criterion
The post Using evidence specific to your chosen case study, address the following two (2) points: appeared first on Academic Writers Bay.
Source: © AcademicWritersBay.com